ITEP contributions to EUCAS 2023
The 16th European Conferenceon Applied Superconductivity took place in Bologna, Italy from September 3-7, 2023. More info from the organizer can be found here.
Many ITEP staff members enriched the conference with their contributions. (Please find the abstracts in the list below).
- Professor Holzapfel reported on the collaboration with researchers at the particle accelerator CERN on coated conductors with up to 600 meters length.
- Doctor de Sousa explained the progress of the so-called SuperLink cable - a 12-kilometer superconducting power cable that is planned to relieve the Munich power grid in the future.
- Mira Wehr and Sebastian Palacios presented the current state of research on hybrid pipelines, in which liquid hydrogen and large amounts of electricity in superconducting cables are to be transported simultaneously.
- Professor Noe and Professor Arndt participated in a course on superconducting applications at large scales: Professor Noe introduced the general design, advantages and challenges of superconducting cables, while Professor Arndt explained the use of superconducting components in rotating machinery.
- Professor Arndt participated in an expert discussion panel in which the possibilities of room temperature superconductors were discussed based on current reporting. The recording of the livestream can be found here.
Young Researcher Prize awarded to
Quoc Hung Pham
Mr. Quoc Hung Pham received the Young Researcher Prize for PhD students under 30. The prize was awarded for his presentation of the topic "Switching device with magnetic field-triggered HTS switching units".